Seafood dishes are a huge hit among most foodies all around the world. As seafood is scrumptious and not very difficult to cook, many foodies prepare delectable seafood dishes that have their guests wanting more. So if you have invited seafood lovers over for a meal or snacks you can always make them “Creole Lobster Roll”.
This dish is not very difficult to make. All you require for the dish is:
• 10 ounces of lobster knuckle/claw meat, cooked, cooled and chopped
• 4 ea buttered and toasted, white hot dog buns
• 1 ½ tablespoons of Mayonnaise
• Creole spice blend (as required)
• 1 jar of your favorite pickle
• 1 bag of potato chips
For the Creole spice blend
• ½ a teaspoon of black peppercorns
• ½ a teaspoon of coriander seeds
• 2 ounces of salt
• ¼ of a teaspoon of allspice
• ¼ of a tablespoon of garlic powder
• ½ tablespoon of Cayenne pepper
• ½ a teaspoon of onion powder
• ½ a teaspoon of dried thyme
• ¼ of a tablespoon of paprika
• ½ a teaspoon of dried oregano
• ½ a teaspoon of dried dill
• ½ a teaspoon of dry mustard
• 2 ea bay leaves
Then, first make the Creole spice blend, take all the ingredients and mix together in a mortar and pestle or a spice blender. Combine till you have a powdered mix. Store this in a dry container or in a spice shaker.
Then, mix together the mayonnaise and lobster meat till they bind well in a mixing bowl. After this, take a non stick sauté pan and toast the buttered hot dog buns over medium flame. Stuff the lobster meat in the toasted hot dog buns. Then, sprinkle some Creole spice on top of the lobster rolls. The amount of the spice depends on how much you can handle, however, ¾ of a teaspoon should do just fine. Serve these delicious lobster rolls with the potato chips and pickle. If you like things spicy, you can toss your chips in some of the Creole spice blend as well.
You can make some of the best Maine seafood recipes for your guests and can be assured that they will enjoy them thoroughly. Lobsters and seafood from Maine is the best and therefore, they are also sold online these days. These seafood dishes won’t take much time to make and are incredibly tasty.