Savor Your Taste Buds with a Mouth Watering Recipe of Lobster Mac and Cheese
Lobsters are the hottest favorites of all sea food lovers. The lobster Mac and cheese is a great recipe to serve your guests. Let us take a look at its preparation method.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated
- Kosher salt
- Vegetable oil
- 1 pound cavatappi or elbow macaroni
- 1 quart milk
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 8 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked lobster meat
- 1 1/2 cups fresh white bread crumbs (5 slices, crusts removed)
- At first, you need to preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Now, pour oil into a large pot of boiling salted water. Then, add the pasta and cook according to the directions given on the package for 6 to 8 minutes. Drain well.
- In the meantime, heat the milk in a small saucepan. You should however not boil it. Now, in a large pot, melt 6 tablespoons of butter and add the flour. You need to cook over low heat for 2 minutes while stirring with a whisk. Continue whisking and add the hot milk and cook for a minute or two more, until thickened and smooth. Put off the heat and add the Gruyere, Cheddar, 1 tablespoon salt, the pepper, and nutmeg.
- Now, add the cooked macaroni and lobster and stir well. Place the mixture in 6 to 8 individual gratin dishes or as required.
- Finally, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and combine them with the fresh bread crumbs, and sprinkle on the top. Bake it for 30 to 35 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the macaroni is browned on the top.
Now you are all set to enjoy a heavenly serving of lobster Mac and cheese.